cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to shut down, quit, the DropBOT feature in Dropbox?

How to shut down, quit, the DropBOT feature in Dropbox?

stephenroberts999
Collaborator | Level 9

This "applet" annoyingly covers part of the screen, and comes up every time I go to the Dropbox website. I'm not seeing how to shut it down, or how to just quit it. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stephenroberts999
Collaborator | Level 9

Ok, so it turns out the command to exit the "feature" is to type "close" in the question box. I had tried things like asking "how do I exit from this", "quit", "exit", among other things.

Suggestion: at the end of the canned suggested questions which are presented should be

"To exit this search" type Close

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

stephenroberts999
Collaborator | Level 9

It may not even be a Dropbox app, it might be something called "Dropbot" or "Dropbot ai" which got inserted into my Dropbox. In any case it is automatically invoked when I log into my Dropbox.com

Any ideas/suggestions?

Uninstall and re-Install Dropbox?

Thanks!

stephenroberts999
Collaborator | Level 9

This problem does Not come up when I log into Dropbox from a different computer.

Thanks everyone; I'm pretty frustrated...

stephenroberts999
Collaborator | Level 9

Ok, so it turns out the command to exit the "feature" is to type "close" in the question box. I had tried things like asking "how do I exit from this", "quit", "exit", among other things.

Suggestion: at the end of the canned suggested questions which are presented should be

"To exit this search" type Close

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

stephenroberts999 Collaborator | Level 9
What do Dropbox user levels mean?