cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How user-friendly is Dropbox on mobile, and how seamless is your collaboration with your team?

How user-friendly is Dropbox on mobile, and how seamless is your collaboration with your team?

ElaM
Dropbox Product Manager

Hey everyone! I'm Ela, a Product Manager at Dropbox. Our team is dedicated to improving the Dropbox mobile application to ensure a seamless and user-friendly experience for efficient team collaboration. I'm eager to learn about your usage of Dropbox on mobile (iOS or Android).

Particularly,

1. Which features on Dropbox mobile do you find challenging or difficult to use?

2. When  collaborating with your team on Dropbox, what specific issues do you encounter, and are there any limitations in the product that you've come across? Additionally, have you developed any workarounds for these challenges?

Your valuable insights will guide us in addressing these challenges and improving Dropbox.

If you're using Dropbox with your team and are open to collaborating with us and shaping the future of our product, simply write "I'm okay for Dropbox to contact me by email" in your response. Your feedback is crucial in making Dropbox even better. Thank you!

18 Replies 18

joaoa
New member | Level 2

I'm okay for Dropbox to contact me by email

ElaM
Dropbox Product Manager

Thank you @joaoa . We will reach out soon and look forward to speak with you. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @joaoa, I’ve logged a ticket for you. Please keep an eye out for a message from our team. Thanks! 

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ernstMreicher58
Super User

"I'm okay for Dropbox to contact me by email"

Falls Ihnen meine Antwort gefallen oder geholfen hat, können Sie mir ein "Kudo" (Like) geben oder "Als Lösung akzeptieren" anklicken.
If you like my answer or find it helpful you could give me a "Kudo" (Like) or click at "Accept as Solution"

ElaM
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi @ernstMreicher58 , thanks for replying. I will reach out and look forward to chat with you soon.

Antony P.3
Explorer | Level 4
Hi Ela, in response to 1:
a) Please could we have a direct link to Offline files/folders on the Home page of the mobile app, ideally as a button in the navigation menu at the bottom of the page (plenty of room for a fifth button).
b) Perhaps even more helpful would be having single click sort by name / by modified buttons on each folder – ideally each folder would also remember the last way you sorted it (as that's usually the way you want to see it).
c) Could the top-level folders look or be coloured differently (in order to prevent accidental navigation "above" them, which in some circumstances, such as the Android "Add to Dropbox", cancels the action)?
Thank you.

GeekDesign
Explorer | Level 4
This is exactly what we see lately! Sometimes the download starts, sometimes it 404s.

Seems to be random.

ElaM
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi @Antony P.3, thanks for sharing your feedback. 

1 - You can customize the mobile home screen to view Offline files/folders on the Home page. Just click on the customize icon (artist palette) on the upper right of your mobile screen in the Dropbox app and you can enable an option to view 'Offline' content. You can also re-arrange the folders based on your priority order. Please check out this document.  

2 - We also provide an option to sort by name or modified on each folder. You can navigate to the folder and click on the 'Name' dropdown to sort folder contents by name or change it to 'Sort by modified'.

3 - I'll discuss this recommended feature with my team. 

ElaM
Dropbox Product Manager

@GeekDesign Thanks for replying. Are you trying to download the file and its not successful?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Philip Kapadia Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Antony P.3 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?