cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy App for Android?

Legacy App for Android?

django_fan
New member | Level 2

I have an LG G Pad II running on Android version 5.1.1.  I had Dropbox installed for years, and used it to share files between my other devices.  Unfortunately, I had to do a factory reset and lost all of my downloaded apps.  When I try to download the Dropbox app from the Google Play Store, I get a message that the app is not compatible with my device.  Is there any way to find and download a legacy version of Dropbox that is compatible with older Android devices?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@django_fan wrote:

Is there any way to find and download a legacy version of Dropbox that is compatible with older Android devices?

Nothing official, no, and if you risk installing from a third-party, you open yourself up to malware. Also keep in mind that Dropbox blocks older versions from connecting after a certain time. Even if you find an old installer, you may not be able to link your device through the app anymore.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?