cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Dropbox Client Version History available on Dropbox.com

Make Dropbox Client Version History available on Dropbox.com

David-270
Explorer | Level 3

I have spent almost an hour searching the Dropbox website and chatting with both the "ChatBot" (rather frustrated by this), a "Support Agent" via chat (also a little frustrating), as I have been trying to find an "Up to date" list of current and historical "Dropbox Client Installer Versions and Release Dates".

When I tried the "ChatBot" I just keeps directing me to the "Files Version History" for items stored using the dropbox client. Which is NOT what I am looking for. 

To make matters worse, when chatting with an agent via the "Chat portal" they were unable to open or view a link to "secured Microsoft website" so that I could advise more quickly what I was looking for. Chat supplied link : - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-microsoft365-apps-by-date 

What I would like to request is for Dropbox to provide directly on Dropbox.com a list of the Dropbox Client Installers with version numbers and Release dates, like almost every other Client-Side Application providers do.

Please review this request and give it some serious consideration as this information is currently only available through a third party site that does not appear to be affiliated with yourself, meaning that the data could be out of date, in-correct or even both. 

3 Replies 3

Re: Make Dropbox Client Version History available on Dropbox.com

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @David-270, thanks for reaching out. 

Can you take a look at this page and let me know if it helps?

Cheers!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

David-270
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately the link provided is the same link that the a CS Agent advised was the only thing that DB currently has.

The link only takes me to the forum where people discuss items about a particular release, and does NOT have any of the information that I am looking for.

What I am looking for is either a table or list of historical client installers with the Dates that they were released.

It really is not a hard thing to ask for!

I have found a third party who claim that they have collated the list that i am looking for, however the third party is not affiliated with DB they are not a Partner of DB therefore I am unable to use the data they are providing as I cannot guarantee its legitimacy.

No offence is meant to the third party, but I am looking for an OFFICIAL LIST provided by the publisher of the product.

As my original post shows a Link to Microsoft and what they provide for their Office Suite... I am looking for something nice and simple like that but for the DropBox Client Installers : Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iPhone/iPad. 

Hannah
Dropboxer
I understand, David and thanks for your feedback about this. 

If the page I provided isn't what you're looking for, you can definitely post about this on our idea board for other users to up-vote.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    David-270 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?