cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We recently received a question asking for advice on how to set up a Dropbox account for an elderly family member. This prompted us to think about the different ways we can make Dropbox more accessible in general, learn about it and add your tips right over here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

Max OSX Sierra 10.13.6 using too much CPU

Max OSX Sierra 10.13.6 using too much CPU

hcveramia
Explorer | Level 4

On my 4 month old Mac, dropbox is consuming high amounts of CPU. I followed instructions here https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/high-cpu-usage and still no resolution.

How can we diagnose and fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Max OSX Sierra 10.13.6 using too much CPU

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey there @hcveramia

Initially, you could give an advanced reinstall a shot, although I’d kindly recommend moving this discussion to email due to account-specific and sensitive info required to further investigate nonetheless. 

If you’d prefer the latter, I can send you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile and we can take it from there. 

Please let me know of any update on the matter and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II
Which version of Dropbox are you running?

Are you using anything like symlinks?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

hcveramia
Explorer | Level 4

I ran the terminal command and I did not get a message that there was or wasn't symlinks. Terminal reply returned "

No such file or directory:

Drobox version is v55.4.171

hcveramia
Explorer | Level 4
Also running Mac desktop latest version on Sierra

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey there @hcveramia

Initially, you could give an advanced reinstall a shot, although I’d kindly recommend moving this discussion to email due to account-specific and sensitive info required to further investigate nonetheless. 

If you’d prefer the latter, I can send you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile and we can take it from there. 

Please let me know of any update on the matter and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    hcveramia Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?