cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename the main Dropbox folder of my desktop app.

Rename the main Dropbox folder of my desktop app.

croqueteer
New member | Level 2

I have been dealing with this for ages, and am ready to switch away from dropbox.

I need to name my dropbox folder. First, I don't like having it named dropbox (personal). That is bad enough, but you put a space in the name. Certain tools do not like spaces - and it is really inconvenient to deal with that. And of course renaming it causes the folder to be disconnected. That is just rude, because now I need to resynchronize everything. 

Since it has been years that this has been a problem, I have to assume you won't ever address it. 

Given that my business also uses dropbox, if I switch, I will need to switch the entire company. 

I need an alternative - either a fix for this on dropbox, or another business solution. I no longer recommend dropbox to friends and colleagues. 

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

croqueteer
New member | Level 2

What is also bad is you name the company dropbox as "Company Name Dropbox" and the personal dropbox as "Dropbox (Personal)". That inconsistency - where the word Dropbox is at the front of one and the end of the other, use of parens on one but not the other, is a sign that the system itself is also likely inconsistent, which is a concern.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @croqueteer, thanks for posting here today! 

Renaming your Dropbox folder isn't something doable at the moment, I'm afraid. 

However, please keep in mind that we listen to your needs because it allows us to fully appreciate how Dropbox fits into and influences your daily routine.

Your comments on our website have been quite valuable, and I will do everything I can to ensure that your voice is heard.

Thanks!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    croqueteer New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?