cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Save to DropBox fails from iMessage on IOS 10

Save to DropBox fails from iMessage on IOS 10

Andrew I.2
New member | Level 1

Just upgraded to IOS 10 and running DropBox 16.2.4

From Photos, any Saved Image can be Saved to DropBox without a problem.. But photos cannot be "Saved to DropBox" from within iMessage..  

Can't seem to find anywhere else to report this bug.

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II

But photos cannot be "Saved to DropBox" from within iMessage..

It's working fine for me. The option you're looking for is labeled Import with Dropbox.

Andrew I.2
New member | Level 1

Hi Rich...

When I'm in iMessage.. and there is a photo sent in a thread.. I can tap on the photo, then tap the share button (bottom left) .. my options are:

Copy, Save to DropBox, Assign to Contact, Print, Save Image, Add to iCloud Drive, and ...

I've been using this function for years.. I tap Save to DropBox and then my DB folder list appears, I select my folder and tap Save.

Since the update.. it sits on UPLOADING

Rich
Super User II

That's on the bottom row of icons, right? Look for Import with Dropbox on the next row up.

Andrew I.2
New member | Level 1

Yes. Along the bottom row. The import to Dropbox does work, though that actually then opens Dropbox.

The save to function was a lot simpler and still works in other apps like WhatsApp and Kik, so I contend that this option is still "broken" after the update when used with iMessage.

Thanks for the workaround.

Rink S.
New member | Level 1

I have the similar issue. Since upgrading to iOS 10 the "Save to Dropbox" feature doesn't work from iMessage.

Evangelos T.
New member | Level 1

I had a similar issue, wasn't able to find how to save to Dropbox from another app, different file extension but:

There is a "Save Document" in the second row. If you tap it the iCloud Drive dialog pops up and there is a "Locations" setting on the upper left. From there you can go More "Manage Locations" and enable Dropbox

Then Dropbox will always pop up instead of iCloud Drive when you select "Save Document"

Alex13
Explorer | Level 3

Dear Rich R.

Thank you for pointing me to that thread. But it's not solving my problem (or at least not completely).

iPhone SE, iOS 10.0.1, Dropbox 16.2.4

Here is the deal:

In 'Photos' app, i choose photo tap on 'Share' (or whatever it call) and all i have in activities for 1st line (with color icons) are:

There is no 'Import with Dropbox'.

-----

On the next line below (grey icons), i really enabled 'Save to Dropbox' and that partially solve problem but not all:

'Save to Dropbox' allow to save ONLY 1 picture, but when i select 2nd one, icon 'Save to Dropbox' immediately disappear. Same 'google drive' allow at least 20 pic to be saved on it.

Hope that will help to understand, if anything more i should explain please let me know.

Need more support?