cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync error after reinstallation of Ventura 13.2.1 and running Running DropBox V169.4.5684

Sync error after reinstallation of Ventura 13.2.1 and running Running DropBox V169.4.5684

Bruce K.14
Explorer | Level 3

I am using DropBox  V169.4.568 on a fresh install of Ventura 13.2.1. Files also synched with Adobe Cloud initially reported as 3 unable to sync files on DropBox Desktop. I was unable to resolve this with Adobe Support. I have unwisely selected additional folders in selective sync and have a mess. I am stuck with 4800 files for some time. What are my best options? Quit the app with warnings and restart? Restart Computer.  Asking for help!

18 Replies 18

Bruce K.14
Explorer | Level 3

Addendum. I quit the app and restarted the computer. Another blunder is that I hit the update to Mac Dropbox link. I am stuck in between.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Bruce K.14, thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to see that you're having trouble with the Dropbox app.

You mentioned that you're getting a sync error; can you please send us a screenshot of the error, so we can investigate?

Also, can you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon in your menu bar and let us know the exact sync status of the app?

Thanks in advance.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Bruce K.14
Explorer | Level 3

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 3.05.49 PM.jpgScreenshot 2023-03-20 at 3.29.07 PM.png

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Bruce K.14, keep in mind that following a migration to the new Dropbox for macOS, your files need to be re-synced. Depending on the amount of files you have in your Dropbox, this may take some time to complete. Do you have an approximate idea as to how many files you have in your Dropbox account?

Since you mentioned that the number of files has not reduced it might be worth checking out the troubleshooting steps outlined in this article. Keep in mind, that we do not recommend re-installing the application if the migration is still in progress.

If none of these help, let me know. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Bruce K.14
Explorer | Level 3

Good morning,

I have not migrated to the new Dropbox for macOS, because my present sync is stuck!

Bruce K.14
Explorer | Level 3

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 3.58.22 PM.png@Hannah

@Megan  My sync remains stuck. Looking for a lifeline!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Bruce K.14, sorry to jump in here, but could you update to the latest version of the app from this page and let us know if syncing gets stuck again?

Also, did you try clicking on the 'How to fix' options shown in your screenshot? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Bruce K.14
Explorer | Level 3

@Walter

Thank you for your response. The fix file message says to "unlock" 39 files. The file information does not indicate that the files are locked. They are on the cloud, "DropBox" but not on the device with the sync error. They are on this machine which is not adversely affected.

I will explore the steps listed in your message.

Bruce K.14
Explorer | Level 3

@Walter 

I have updated it to DropBox V170.4.5895 . No Joy. Problem persists.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Bruce K.14 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?