cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Error with Android App

Syncing Error with Android App

PDub81
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello, for several days I'm experience a syncing error with the Android app.  Anything updated from the Android device appears on other connected devices, but not the other way around.  Updated files from my home and work computers appear at dropbox.com but not in the Android app.  I have restarted my phone several times and removed and reinstalled the Android app.  The only way to get files to sync now is to logout and log back in, but I really shouldn't have to do that every time I want to update my to do list from my phone.  Please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PDub81
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Stephen, today's Dropbox Android app update appears to have resolved the issue and files are again syncing in the normal way.  I thank the staff for their help!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @PDub81 - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you let us know your device's OS version and the version of the Dropbox mobile app installed there as well?

Have you tried clearing the app's cache since you first noticed this?

Let us know more and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

PDub81
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks, Walter.  Android 10 and Dropbox app version 368.2.2.  I cleared the Dropbox cache in Android settings, which did nothing, but I see that clearing it in the Dropbox app itself does force a fresh sync without logging out, but it still has to be done every time a file has been updated elsewhere.

PDub81
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Also, I tested to make sure this was not just a problem with one particular file.  No files are syncing from other devices without logging out and in or else after clearing the cache.  Furthermore, and stranger, after clearing the cache, a file can be updated multiple times from other devices and will still sync correctly the first time it is opened in the Android app, but then it will not sync again until the cache is cleared again.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I see, thanks for the additional information @PDub81 

Would it be OK if we reached out via email to have a further look internally? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

PDub81
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes, thank you.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the cooperation @PDub81 - you've got :envelope: 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Stephen_G
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi.  Did this issue (of not syncing properly to an android phone) get resolved?  I've been having exactly the same issue for about 10 days now, precisely as you describe it, and it's driving me nuts!  I have logged a call and been corresponding with a very helpful member of Dropbox Support staff, but we have not worked it out yet.  I just saw your posts today, and your description of the cache was very helpful, I tried that and have got the exact same behaviour as you.  Please share your findings if you have solved it, thank you!

PDub81
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Stephen, today's Dropbox Android app update appears to have resolved the issue and files are again syncing in the normal way.  I thank the staff for their help!

Stephen_G
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi PDub81.  Thanks very much for your reply, following which I manually updated the Dropbox app on my phone (I had uninstalled and re-installed a few times in the past week, so this must be very recent) and can confirm that the issue is resolved for me now too.  Thanks also from me to the Dropbox staff for getting this sorted.  Go raibh míle maith agaibh!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Stephen_G New member | Level 2
    PDub81 Helpful | Level 6
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?