cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault in Windows File Explorer

Vault in Windows File Explorer

indkal
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I created Vault folder on dropbox.com. But it has been more than a week but I don't see Vault folder in Windows 10 File Explorer. Is there some setting necessary for the Vault folder to be visible on the Windows PC? I am using Windows 10.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

indkal
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It seems to be working! There is an executable file Vault.dbx-vault that is appearing in the File Explorer which asks for the pin and then the Vault folder appears.

View solution in original post

31 Replies 31

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @indkal, happy Tuesday! 

As a first thing, can you let me know your app's version, along with the syncing status, please? 

Let me know, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

cfrivera1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am having the EXACT same issue!!  I can see the "Vault" folder on my online account at (www.dropbox.com) but the folder is nowhere to be found in DropBox within Windows File Explorer on my Windows 10 desktop/laptop!  The folder is also NOT visible under Finder in MacOS.  I can see a file "Vault.dbx-vault" both on Finder and Windows File Explorer, but no folder.  I've added sub folders to the "Vault folder" online hoping that would somehow make a difference, but still...there is NO "Vault" folder visible under my DropBox folder in File Explorer or Finder

I am able to see it fine on the iOS app. 

My DropBox app version is 149.3.4526 and syncing status is "up to date" (Windows).  On my MacOS, the app version is 147.3.4765 and up to date as well.

cfrivera1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

By the way, I am a DropBox Plus subscriber, so the feature should be available...

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Megan 

Is the Vault actually supposed to sync to a computer? I know the instructions say it's accessible in Explorer and Finder, but in Selective Sync it's unchecked by default, and if you check it and apply the settings, it just gets unchecked again. It's as if Dropbox is specifically preventing the Vault from syncing to a computer.

indkal
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

My app version is 148.4.4519 and the sync status is Up to date. I now notice the Vault folder in File Explorer. I opened and transferred a file and then locked it. But now the Vault folder has disappeared from the File Explorer. Is Vault folder in beta?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey everyone, happy Monday! 

First of all, @cfrivera1, it looks like you're using the beta version of the app on your end, which could be causing this. Can you access your account settings on the Dropbox website and turn Early releases off?

Then all you have to do is to reinstall the app anew. 

Rich it should indeed be able to sync the Dropbox Vault folder on the device. Very interesting behavior there. Do you have the latest version installed? 

And @indkal, you mean when you access the Dropbox folder you don't see it at all? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

cfrivera1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

You gave me some hope Megan.  Unfortunately turning off early release and reinstalling dropbox didn't make the Vault forlder visible within Windows 10 File Explorer (haven't reinstalled on the Mac yet).  I restarted Windows post reinstall.  I am now on Windows version 148.4.4519 and up to date.

....Yep, I just rechecked before login off, and no Vault folder visible in File Explorer  😞  

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hm, can you send me a screenshot of what you see in your Dropbox folder, please @cfrivera1

That'll help me have a visual too. Just make sure none of your personal info is shown. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

cfrivera1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Sure!  Here you go.  Am I missing something?!?

Dropbox Screenshot-no Vault Folder.jpg

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tlbernstein New member | Level 2
    ashmtl Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?