cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow opening of files with new software mobile app version 286.22

Very slow opening of files with new software mobile app version 286.22

Trish4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am using a Samsung A8 and have Dropbox loaded.  It upgraded last week to the latest version (June 28th) to 286.2.2.  Until last week, it worked beautifully.  I use Dropbox for music files for singing.  I can no longer do so as the load time is minutes instead of seconds.  

It works just fine including sync on my desktop app and as well on another phone with an older version.  My partner is experiencing the same.  The wifi is fine.  I've checked all the settings etc...

Is anyone else having this problem?  Can I uninstall the app and reload an older version somehow?  I have tried just about everything else.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Trish4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you so much for having me check that!  I don't really understand what happened today, but it is working!  Since wifi was working on another older phone and computer without impact, I had mostly disregarded that as a cause.  I did reset my wifi router etc.  

Today,  as suggested, it worked fine on data.  Hmmmm.  But when I put it back to wifi, this am it was working anyway.  What's that about?     I checked to see if I had limited background data on my phone (another idea that popped up) and I had done so in a storm.  Ah ha.  Nope.  It worked either way--power saver or not.  So...I give up.  But I'm a happy giver-upper.  Should it happen again, I have a few more tools in my toolbox.  I've learned all the lessons for today.   🙂  

So grateful for this community...I didn't feel like I was alone in my struggles.  🙂  Trish 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Trish4, thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

I'm afraid that there's no official Dropbox way to install an older version of the Dropbox app to your device. 

Have you tried clearing the Dropbox app's cache from the app's settings and then restarting your device, to see if that helps?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Trish4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Hannah.  I restarted my phone.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  I emptied the cache.  I confirmed my wifi.  I logged out and back on.  I confirmed no other apps were outdated (like Chrome).  I tried every setting!  I think I tried everything.  😞

I have been able to slowly make each of my songs available offline and though it takes awhile, this then allows for an immediate playing of the file.  That's messy though.  Any other suggestions?  

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Trish4, how are you today? 

Out of curiosity, does this happen with WiFi only? If you use your cellular data, do you notice the same behavior? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Trish4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you so much for having me check that!  I don't really understand what happened today, but it is working!  Since wifi was working on another older phone and computer without impact, I had mostly disregarded that as a cause.  I did reset my wifi router etc.  

Today,  as suggested, it worked fine on data.  Hmmmm.  But when I put it back to wifi, this am it was working anyway.  What's that about?     I checked to see if I had limited background data on my phone (another idea that popped up) and I had done so in a storm.  Ah ha.  Nope.  It worked either way--power saver or not.  So...I give up.  But I'm a happy giver-upper.  Should it happen again, I have a few more tools in my toolbox.  I've learned all the lessons for today.   🙂  

So grateful for this community...I didn't feel like I was alone in my struggles.  🙂  Trish 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop @Trish4 - we're glad to see this is sorted now.

See you around the Community and take care!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Trish4 Helpful | Level 5
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?