cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What ever happened with the Password Desktop for Windows?

What ever happened with the Password Desktop for Windows?

areyesilva
Explorer | Level 3

After a year I had to reinstall all the programs in my pc and I cannot find the Dropbox Password App for desktop (windows). Was it discontinued?

2 Replies 2

Re: What ever happened with the Password Desktop for Windows?

Mark
Super User II

There isnt one, and never has been *unless* you have installed the AppStore version which does not download and store files locally on your device then you can access and use a PIN code

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: What ever happened with the Password Desktop for Windows?

MikeReborn
Explorer | Level 4

Not sure what the other guy is talking about, there was definitely a desktop app (maybe it was just a beta or something, and not released to everyone???). Either way, the link between that and my Firefox browser broke a few weeks ago, and I couldn't fix it. So I uninstalled the app and went to go download it again, and one Dropbox's Password download page you see:

"Note: The Dropbox Passwords desktop app is not currently available for download. The desktop app instructions in this article only apply to users who’ve previously installed the app."

So, I looked in another thread in this community and found that you only need the browser extension and IMO it looks like they are moving away from the desktop version. Here's the thread with the download link:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Add-Dropbox-Password-to-Desktop/m-p/53...

Hope this helps anyone who found this thread and didn't get the help they needed. Enjoy!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MikeReborn Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?