cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: cannot start dropbox

cannot start dropbox

pet_mar
New member | Level 2

i get the following message when i try starting/reinstalling/unistalling drobox (after it stops doing one of the actions):

[get_extra_trace_info failed]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "dropbox\client\main.pyo", line 829, in boot_error
File "dropbox\client\main.pyo", line 5254, in get_dropbox_path
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'local_config'

Original traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "dropbox\client\main.pyo", line 5534, in main_startup
File "dropbox\client\main.pyo", line 2033, in run
File "dropbox\client\main.pyo", line 1031, in startup_low
File "dropbox\client\flush_and_terminate\__init__.pyo", line 35, in create
File "dropbox\client\flush_and_terminate\windows.pyo", line 70, in __init__
File "dropbox\client\flush_and_terminate\windows.pyo", line 45, in create_named_process_event
error: (1332, 'LookupAccountName', 'No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.')

can somebody help me with this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fearg
Dropboxer
Hi,

Can you please submit a support request so we can take a closer look at this error and your devices. You can do so here:

http://bit.ly/cm-support

Thanks,
Fearg

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dolphinCraig
New member | Level 2
I have the same issue - running Windows 10 signed on with a Microsoft Azure AD account rather than a local windows account. This has been working for 12 months with no problems - error just started after no known change on the desktop. I can't even uninstall the service. I checked the permissions as referenced in the error and all are correct. I re-added anyway and applied permissions throughout the Temp Folder - still broken.

Fearg
Dropboxer
Hi,

Can you please submit a support request so we can take a closer look at this error and your devices. You can do so here:

http://bit.ly/cm-support

Thanks,
Fearg

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! 🙂

pet_mar
New member | Level 2

so i've made the request with the description of the problem as well as couple of screenshots (they were made sepparately and attached sepparately though. hopefully you'll be able to help me soon.

greets

sschlosnagle
New member | Level 2

I have a user that is experiancing the exact same problem.

They also are using Azure AD.

And connecting to a Dropbox for Business as well as a Personal Dropbox account.

nervalas
Explorer | Level 3

I have the same error when I try to install Dropbox on my Dell laptop with Win 10 now. I uninstalled Dropbox initially with the hope that after reinstalling it will work again. Dropbox stopped working normally a couple of weeks ago. I did not follow it very closely, but I would get notifications that Dropbox failed to start, and something about the folder being in a shared directory.

I had a feeling I provoked the problem because when this started I was trying to install some app on my Android phone to be able to control the laptop via wifi. So I tried several apps rom the Android store that asked to install different remote server applications (at least 3) on the laptop. I ended up uninstalling all of them (conventionally through remove apps), but maybe some changes remained? Maybe it is not related, but does not hurt to mention, right..

I tried our all the official "Dropbox fails to install" recipies, but they don't seem to help on this.

Dmitri
New member | Level 2

Good afternoon
The same problem in the WIN 7
Before reinstalling everything worked OK.

dolphinCraig
New member | Level 2

I uploaded a screenshot and pasted in the error message in the referenced error text file.

cheers,

Craig

Need more support?