cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMac desktop, download folder locked after deleting account from business Dropbox

iMac desktop, download folder locked after deleting account from business Dropbox

Ji Yeon
New member | Level 2

I downloaded the Dropbox app and used it on my iMac (OS Big Sur 11.76) when I was part of using members of Dropbox business. 

But, After leaving the sharing Dropbox business, my desktop folder has been locked as below. 

JiYeon_0-1683434722628.png

Macintosh HD -> user -> home(my account) 

the desktop and download folder is locked and if i click it, then the message "The original operation can't be completed because the original item for "Desktop/Documents" can't be found" appears. 

So, I can not access to my desktop and download, I asked for it to Apple, then they said it could be the problem with Dropbox sync system after deleting my account.

Please let me know how to solve it.

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Ji Yeon, happy Monday! 

You mentioned that your Dropbox folder has been locked, after you left a Business team. Were you a member of the team, or an admin? 

Can you give me some additional info in regards to the message you get when trying to access your Dropbox folder locally, since I can't read the screenshot you attached? 

If you try to access your account online, are you able to do so? 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?