cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhotos no longer working with iCloud on my iMac after updating dropbox

iPhotos no longer working with iCloud on my iMac after updating dropbox

Steve A.15
Explorer | Level 4

How do move my iPhotos library to a local folder on my iMac so that it once again syncs with iCloud.  I need my iPhone to synch with my apps through iCloud.

31 Replies 31

Steve A.15
Explorer | Level 4

How do move my iPhotos library from Dropbox to a local folder on my iMac so that it once again syncs with iCloud on my iMac.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Steve A.15, let's jump right into this! 

Can you give me some additional info, in regards to your iPhotos, and what is happening exactly with them? Are you not able to sync the changes? 

You mentioned you want to move your library to a local folder. Where is it located right now? 

Any additional info will be more than helpful, Steve. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Steve A.15
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Megan

thanks for responding.

My iPhotos App on My iMac no longer syncs with iCloud since the latest up date to Dropbox - the new Dropbox desktop application for Mac OS.  I have taken lots of photos on my iPhone since the update.  The photos have synced to my iPad from iCloud but they have not synced to my iMac from iCloud to  iPhotos App.

I'm wondering what to do to get my photos to sync with my iMac.  Could I download everything from Dropbox onto my iMac and then delete Dropbox on my Mac and then download the previous version of Dropbox that did allow my photos to sync from the cloud and continue using that?

Steve A.15
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Megan

forgot to say that my photos that synced previous to the upgrade are now on the Dropbox cloud.  My issue is that my iPhone no longer syncs with my iMac through iCloud.  Which means I cannot view them on my iMac.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to jump in here, @Steve A.15.

If you'd previously synced your Photos library to Dropbox, I'm afraid that this will no longer be possible.

This is one of the expected changes with the new Dropbox for macOS version.

I hope this clarifies things, but let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Steve A.15
Explorer | Level 4

Can I undo the drop box update and get the iPhotos App to work on my iMac again? I need to get the photos from my phone onto my iMac.  Are you telling me I have lost that functionality because I installed the latest Dropbox update.  If so is there anyway I can roll back the dropbox update and get iPhotos working on my iMac again - or will I have to go to Apple to fix this Dropbox problem.

Or should I just take my data off dropbox, delete the Dropbox App from my computer and work with Dropbox on line instead - would that work?

Steve A.15
Explorer | Level 4

Also just to add my photos from my iPhone are not syncing to Dropbox which I think you asked me.  

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for getting back to me, Steve.

Can you let us know where your photos library is currently stored?

Do you also possibly have our computer backup feature enabled and are maybe backing up your Photos folder?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Steve A.15
Explorer | Level 4

I can access my iPhotos library from my iPhone and my iPad.  I can only access my iPhotos from before the Dropbox update in a folder on Dropbox.  None of my photos from my iPhone sync to Dropbox or the iPhotos App on my iMac.

I just want to be able to access my current photos taken on my iPhone on my iMac screen.

I'm sure I have the backup feature enabled on Dropbox but it is not backing up my photos from my iPhone through the cloud to an online or offline Dropbox folder.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Steve A.15 Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?