cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new Dropbox version using macOS file API

new Dropbox version using macOS file API

jkr97128
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox is notifying of a new version for macOS that uses an Apple file system API for security. I am concerned that the file API appears to likely hide files (in ~/Library), and may interfere with how I interact with the file system. I am constantly interacting with the file system, with Finder, with a complex app (Matlab) that I work in very much and even with Terminal, where I use such primitive commands as 'ls'. If the files I have in Dropbox are in effect hidden behind a new file API, how will I be able to access them? Will I need to rely on Dropbox simply to get at them, e.g. for opening in Matlab, or simply copying them from one place to another in Finder?

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jkr97128, and thanks for posting this on our forum. 

In case you haven’t done so already, can you please check this Help Center article on the expected changes, and let me know if you have any questions after that? 

Give me a nudge when you’re ready.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?