cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Couldn't contact Dropbox servers" error message

"Couldn't contact Dropbox servers" error message

Laurie D.3
New member | Level 1

When I try to share a folder via the Dropbox iPhone app, I get a "Couldn't Share Folder" error message that states, "No internet connection or couldn't contact Dropbox servers." However, there is no issue with the Internet connectivity. Also, when I log in to Dropbox.com to view my account, my account is empty. All of the folders and files are gone.

9 Replies 9

jd j.
New member | Level 1

I'm having the same problem. On safari. I tried three diff computers, and chrome as well - still can't see anything on the dropbox web site..

Ed
Dropbox Staff

Hi there,

What version of the iPhone app are you using? Did it just happen once?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Ed
Dropbox Staff

Hi JD - you may be experiencing something different as you're on the website instead. Could you try clearing cache and then trying again?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

jd j.
New member | Level 1

I cleared the cache, cleared the history, re installed dropbox, tried different computers, tried different browsers, reset my modem......I've done all the "obvious" things. Turned off extensions, etc.

Shomari M.1
New member | Level 1

Hmmm. Having the same issue on both web and iPhone app.

Tawna S.
New member | Level 1

Does anyone know if this has been fixed or is there something you did to make it work? I can't get my videos from my iphone to my dropbox on my computer - It is urgent I get them to my video editor for my business. Thanks

Laurie D.3
New member | Level 1

The issue resolved on its own for me. On the day I posted this issue to the forum, none of my files were visible for me on Dropbox, regardless of the device used to access Dropbox. I tried accessing my files on Dropbox via a Dell PC, an iPad, and an iPhone, but all of my folders/files were gone. However, when I tried accessing the files a few days later, the files were there. I have not had any further issues.

Keith C.6
New member | Level 1

Same problem. I need to download files from my iPhone to Dropbox. It won't connect to the server. 

Normand L.
New member | Level 1

This persistent, Error (405) "Safari can't connect to server", is THE reason I have cancelled my Dropbox Pro subscription. This is a very disturbing error and I don't feel secure.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Normand L. New member | Level 1
    Keith C.6 New member | Level 1
    Laurie D.3 New member | Level 1
    Tawna S. New member | Level 1
    Shomari M.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?