cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera uploads only works once and then if the file is deleted, it won't work.

Camera uploads only works once and then if the file is deleted, it won't work.

Tingle Cowboy
Explorer | Level 3

I have the following problem: As soon as I have automatically uploaded pictures with the iPhone app and then deleted them again, these pictures are no longer uploaded again. Not even if I select "all photos" in the camera upload.

I suspect that Dropbox stores somewhere which files have already been uploaded... or at least the date of the last uploaded image. All pictures with a date before that are ignored. I think this method is to prevent images from being saved twice.

Would it be possible to change this? It would be a shame to have to use a different provider, but this way the photo upload is too insecure for me.

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@Tingle Cowboy wrote:

As soon as I have automatically uploaded pictures ... these pictures are no longer uploaded again. ... Would it be possible to change this?

The automatic Camera Uploads feature will only upload a photo or video once. The only way to have it re-upload the same files again is to have Dropbox Support reset the Camera Uploads feature on your account.

Tingle Cowboy
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you very much for your quick reply!
It's a shame that this is so complicated. It's not only a lot of work for me, but also for the support. The file size and checksum should actually be enough to determine whether the file is already on the server. Many negative reviews in the App Store have apparently been mentioning the unreliable automatic upload function for a long time.

Rogaa
Explorer | Level 4

Hi there, 

What you can actually do is once you have enabled your Camera Uploads to "On", and when all the photos are uploaded to your Dropbox Online account, the photos are stored in a Default folder called "Camera Uploads". You can transfer them in a separate folder once the photos are all uploaded :https://help.dropbox.com/organize/move . Then your files are safe and secure on your online account already. Then you can delete the files on your cellphone. In cases where you are having some issues with the automatic camera uploads feature not working, you can refer on this link for the troubleshooting guides: https://help.dropbox.com/create-upload/camera-uploads-fix

Hope this helps. 

Thanks

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rogaa Explorer | Level 4
    Tingle Cowboy Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?