cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean installation of Dropbox on Mac Monterey

Clean installation of Dropbox on Mac Monterey

KuL4
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

So I finally got a new computer and made a migration of between my old mac and the new.

However, on the new mac I changed the username, which change also the name of the folder where the dropbox folder is. Now every time I launch the dropbox application it still looks for the old filepath that does not exist anymore. I have no options, it gives me an error and it does not start.

As a workaround I created the old filepath, launched the application, then changed the dropbox folder in the app configurations and it works.... just until I turn off the computer tho... next time is on, same error again and same situation.

I tried to do a fresh installation of the dropbox app, even used the zapper to uninstall the previous app, however, when installing again the dropbox app it still looks for the old filepath. I don't know where the dropbox app saved this information.

So to solve this I would need to know if possible how to do a complete uninstallation of dropbox, or any other solution....

pls help!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @KuL4,

Try following command in terminal:

rm -rf ~/.dropbox

Is it running as expected now? 😉

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post