cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Link right-click action missing from Windows Explorer

Dropbox Link right-click action missing from Windows Explorer

KRT327
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just noticed that I can't right-click in Windows Explorer and get a link to a dropbox folder or file.  Instead there's some "Send Transfer" BS that only allows a share for 7 days.  How can I get back the "Copy Dropbox Link" action?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@KRT327 wrote:

I just noticed that I can't right-click in Windows Explorer and get a link to a dropbox folder or file.  Instead there's some "Send Transfer" BS that only allows a share for 7 days.  How can I get back the "Copy Dropbox Link" action?

It sounds like you're right-clicking on a file that's outside of your Dropbox folder. The Copy Dropbox Link option will only appear for files located within your Dropbox folder, while the Send with Transfer option is available for files located anywhere on your computer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@KRT327 wrote:

It sounds like you're right-clicking on a file that's outside of your Dropbox folder. The Copy Dropbox Link option will only appear for files located within your Dropbox folder, while the Send with Transfer option is available for files located anywhere on your computer.

KRT327
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You're right, I thought that folder was in my dropbox.  Thanks!

Need more support?