cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox on my computer does not sync, only syncs if I restart the app.

Dropbox on my computer does not sync, only syncs if I restart the app.

fenchai
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I don't understand what is going on.

This started happening yesterday and today, any change I make from my PC dropbox does not get synced to my dropbox, sometimes files take like 10 minutes in order to sync.

I have tried many solutions:

• Restarted Computer
  • Restarted Dropbox (this will restart sync BUT after it stops syncing, have to restart again if I want to sync)
  • Verified Interned worked properly as all my other syncing services are active and working
  • Disabled Antivirus
  • I have no cleaning app system etc, windows 10 is freshly cleaned.
  • Reinstalled Dropbox.
  • Clock is synced and not delayed (I know some syncing services have problems when clock is not synced)

I am literally planning to make a script to restart dropbox every 1 min as I don't see any solution on google.

please help me 😞

27 Replies 27

Sabbl
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It's working now! 😄 

For some reason I'm not getting notifications anymore but Dropbox is finally syncing again. ^^

Clauz79
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi all. Problem seems fixed now! 🙂

Emma
Community Manager
Go to solution

Thank you all for reporting this, it is related to a known issue a number of users experienced last week. The team have now resolved this and it should be working again.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else or you're still having trouble!

fenchai
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

yes, can confirm it's fixed. thanks a lot. No longer need to loop restart ahhaha

Sabbl
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Welp. It just went back to not syncing anymore...

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear that @Sabbl.

Can you send us a screenshot of the app's exact status as shown in your menu bar/system tray?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

SBAL1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

My Dropbox is no longer syncing as well.  I do most of my work on my iPad, and it has always synced to my PC before, but since December nothing has synced.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @SBAL1; thanks for joining the discussion here and sorry about your syncing issue.

Can you please send us a screenshot of the app's status as shown in your menu bar/system tray so that we can have a better look into this for you?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Clauz79
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Mine seems still ok, I'll keep watching! 😉

user1900
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello,

my dropbox only synchronized after I paused and resumed the sync. I decided to start using a beta version of the software, now the taskbar circle with arrows just keeps spinning and the status message just says

"Syncing...

Starting..."

This is happening only on one of the two Linux (debian-based) computers I have dropbox running and which I am trying to synchronize.

Need more support?