cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Great and all as it is to hear how we use Dropbox, we want to know how you use it! Day to day, big projects, sharing files with friends and family - we want to know about it.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox stuck - possible uploading issue ?

Dropbox stuck - possible uploading issue ?

WT-GPI
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I have an issue where Dropbox seems stuck uploading/syncing any files from my computer (MacOS 11, business account, smart sync enabled).

Issue is not caused by big number of files or size, seems more like it cannot bypass anything that originally caused it to get stuck.

What I see is that files waiting to be uploaded appear on sync queue but it never progresses.

I tried un-syncing the folders containing these queued files, and then deleted them manually but Dropbox did not figure this out, the same files were still queued for sync/upload even if their folders were unsynced. Uploading the queued files manually through the Dropbox web interface forced it to consider them uploaded removing them from the queue, but it has not made Dropbox more operational, it appears always syncing but actually doing nothing.

Another try was deleting the cache but nothing changed.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

George

7 Replies 7

Re: Dropbox stuck - possible uploading issue ?

Megan
Dropboxer
Hi @WT-GPI, thanks for posting to our Community! 

As a first step, could you let me know the version of the app you have installed, and your syncing status

Let me know, and we'll take it from there.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

WT-GPI
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lori,

Thank you for your reply. My Dropbox version is 127.4.4265, but  I think it got updated yesterday, the problem manifested under 126.xx.

After constantly removing and re-adding to the synced folder list problematic subfolders containing files not syncing/uploading (as well as their entire folder structure from the root) manually deleting and then re-adding the files (which I had copied outside Dropbox and manually uploaded via the web interface) and closing/re-starting Dropbox and my computer... the problem went away.

Again, my theory is that for some reason some file got stuck in uploading and then the whole syncing procedure collapsed. Could you please provide any kind of insight as to why this conflict happened ?

Thank you in advance.

Megan
Dropboxer
Hi @WT-GPI, happy to see that your app is running now as it should. 

In general, when you make many simultaneous processes on the app (delete, unsync, move, add), that might increase the syncing time. 

The update to its latest version definitely helps. 

I'd suggest you take a look at this Help Center article, since it can be helpful and provide some answers. 

If you need anything, I'm one post away.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

ddoukas
Explorer | Level 3

I have the same issue. Dropbox on my Mac is newly unable to upload documents into Dropbox.

I CAN upload documents using the Dropbox website, and can see those uploads on my computer.

However, I cannot transmit things from my computer to Dropbox (will not show on my phone or website). This is happening on multiple Macs (I work at a medical school as well as a hospital and I am current workplace at home due to a power failure at the medical center!)

My Dropbox now is at 126.4.4618 (which I reinstalled this AM)

My Mac version is 10.15.7 on a 2013 iMac, while my medical school iMac has os 11 on an M1 iMac.

I have tried rebooting my mac and my iPhone - no change.

Please help if able!

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @WT-GPI, @ddoukas, I'd recommend getting in contact with the support team directly for them to investigate this matter.

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Re: Dropbox stuck - possible uploading issue ? Also now Vault does not open

ddoukas
Explorer | Level 3

TICKET: 

Ticket #13503646: DB: Dropbox-Mac Not Syncing, also Vault locked

Hi,

Your question has been received by our support team. We’ll get in touch soon with a solution or if we need more details.

I

Re: Dropbox stuck - possible uploading issue ? Also now Vault does not open

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks for the ticket ID, I've added your comments to it in order to expedite matters on your behalf.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    ddoukas Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?