cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Request upload feature is skipping large files

File Request upload feature is skipping large files

lelanddutcher
New member | Level 2

A folder with 55 items was uploaded with various sub folders. A few files were skipped on the receiving side resulting in only 46 received. Files skipped were not over the 50gb limit. There is no notification on the sender or receiver side that those files failed to upload or erroneously skipped (they were normal .mp4 as the others).

DB devs needs to investigate my last file request make, I can't keep using a paid service that fails its foundational use case. It's happened to me a few times now all with different file requests/people/file types.

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @lelanddutcher, let's jump right into this! 

Just to make sure I got this correctly, it sounds like you created a File Request that you sent to others. 

They uploaded content, that isn't visible on your end, and the content they uploaded didn't give them any error when they tried sending you using said request, is this correct? 

If not, feel free to clarify and let me know more.

Do you notice this behavior only on a specific folder path, or it doesn't matter?

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?