cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File requests - How to change email notifications for submissions?

File requests - How to change email notifications for submissions?

cvaneden
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Our team has had "File requests" set-up for the submission of media for over 4 years. We wish to change who on the team receives the automated messages new content has been submitted to the folder. Does anyone know where to make this change? It is not obvious where this can be edited. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @cvaneden, let's see what we can find about this together! 

Usually, the person receiving emails that new content has been added to the folder, is the person that created the File request.

You'd need to create a new file request, from the account of your choice, if you wish to change who received the email notifications about uploads. 

I hope this clarifies!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @cvaneden, let's see what we can find about this together! 

Usually, the person receiving emails that new content has been added to the folder, is the person that created the File request.

You'd need to create a new file request, from the account of your choice, if you wish to change who received the email notifications about uploads. 

I hope this clarifies!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

cvaneden
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you for your assistance. We've populated the established file request link across a number of other communication tools and were hoping not to have to create new file requests breaking these workflows. I understand what we hoped to do is not possible to redirect the email notifications from established file requests. Onwards and upwards.

eventdesign
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

🎯We face this same problem! We have an established work-flow with materials translated into multiple languages (filtering in through the appropriate request links), but the original file request creator is now working a different role in the company and the wrong person gets the email notifications. Hopefully that's a feature that will become available in the near future. In our case, we also frequently do events, and have a request link for multiple speakers to upload their presentations. It would help tremendously helpful if we didn't have to rely on only the request creator to be notified (having a team of people notified of the upload would be a big relief).

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

eventdesign New member | Level 2
    cvaneden Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?