cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an xml file which i share with my own smart TV app, but it doesn't work.

I have an xml file which i share with my own smart TV app, but it doesn't work.

deco10
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have an xml file which i share to my own smart tv app. It has worked several years and suddenly today it doesn't work anymore. I did contact the support but they wanted me try here.. My question is, is it any problems with rendering? raw=1

It was gor some couple of years ago buy they fixed it. What's cha3from yesterday to today??...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

deco10
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
It works somehow now 😂.. I haven't done anything. And i use raw=1..its redirecting as before but now it works..

View solution in original post

25 Replies 25

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there, @deco10, I hope you're doing well!

I'm guessing you're using a shared link, is that correct? If not, then please feel free to clarify. 

Does that shared link preview fine when you copy and paste it on a browser? Also, let me know if you use an API.

Do you get a specific error message and does this happen with any other file type? 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

deco10
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi Megan,
Yes it is a shared file that is in my public folder. When i copy the shared link. I need to change the last part of the url from ?dl=0 to raw=1..after i have done that and i run it in chrome ut will open the xml file but the url is changing to something like this..

https://uc7axxxxxxxxx.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/cd/0/inline/xxxx/file#

deco10
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
This has worked fine for several years and I have not made any changes on my xml. Seems to me that Dropbox has done something tjis week.. the url changes after raw=1 is used in webbrowser, ref my last comment

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi from me as well, @deco10 and happy Friday!

Can you let me know if the link itself previews fine when opened from a computer browser or a phone?

If it does, this might have to do with some kind of update on the TV instead.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

deco10
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi Hannah, update is off and done manually. I haven't update it sense i bought it 😅.. As mentioned before it opens in webbrowser but it changes the url.. This didn't happen before.. It must be at Dropbox side..

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It's been a long time since a change on the URLs of the shared links happened.

Can you take a look at this thread and the solution provided, to see if it helps?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

deco10
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hmm.. Weird, it has worked fine until this week.. And when i share and copy the url it does start like this.. https://www.dropbox.com/s
The crypted filename/filename?dl=0

I will try tomorrow with your suggestion.. I thought ? Raw=1 was the only change that was needed for render the shared link..

deco10
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/<token>/path.jpg?rlkey=<token>&raw=1

So this one should work for me?

Where token is crypted foldername, right?

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@deco10 wrote:
... As mentioned before it opens in webbrowser but it changes the url.. This didn't happen before.. It must be at Dropbox side..

Hi @deco10,

😁 It has always been the same way! When you open regular Dropbox link in non preview mode (e.g. to download the content or in inline/raw mode), new temporary link gets generated and the former link redirect to the new one. This is the way the links (either new or old style links - with or without rlkey) has always worked. The new (temporary) link expire after few hours, as you have found already. Every time you open the former link, new temporary link is generated (on rapid succession they may coincide). So to avoid expiring, you need to pass the former link with changed dl=0 to raw=1 as is, not as resulted in the web browser (after redirect to temporary)! Let you TV generate temporary link whenever opens the former link there; so everytime the temporary link will be valid. 😉

There is one more trick you can use: just set the link domain to dl.dropboxusercontent.com without changing anything else.

Hope this helps.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

deco10 Helpful | Level 6
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    tahjdbx Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?