cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have some feedback about the new Dropbox desktop app.

Re: Hate the new app

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for joining the topic @calvin6!

The new interface is just an addition to the desktop app's syncing function. It allows you to have a more consistent look across all platforms like the website and mobile app if you'd like to.

However, this is completely optional and you can disable this by just making sure that the default for opening your Dropbox files is set to your default browser as outlined here.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: I have some feedback about the new Dropbox desktop app.

TalisaD
New member | Level 2
I completely agree and as soon as I find a solution to transfer all of my data I’m done!

Re: I have some feedback about the new Dropbox desktop app.

RichardK26
Helpful | Level 7

@TalisaD, have you selected an alternative yet?

Asking because Dropbox recently stopped working altogether on my main machine, after updating to the version that runs as a service.  Been ping-ponging for two weeks with Support and we haven't made any progress whatsoever.  The last time I needed tech support (5+ years ago) the folks on the other end seemed to be developers (or similar competence).  Sadly the ones I've interacted with lately don't seem to even know their own product.  I'm getting more and more motivated to bail on the product altogether, despite the short-term pain of switching.

Considering OwnCloud but haven't had a chance to do any validation testing yet to see how well it handles conflicts, and not sure if there's the ability to create public links or photo-sync for Android.  Would love some feedback on it or any alternatives folks have used.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

RichardK26 Helpful | Level 7
    TalisaD New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropboxer
    calvin6 New member | Level 2
    Lorenzo09 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?