cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to make sure we keep you updated on the ideas that other users have shared here on the Community? Us too! Check them out over here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Is my Default file storage now Dropbox instead of my C drive.

Is my Default file storage now Dropbox instead of my C drive.

ruralwannabe
New member | Level 2

I thought a backup Dropbox account would be a good idea.  I did not want Dropbox to become my default folder, but since it is, what happens to my files when I run out of room on Dropbox?   I didn't ask for this, and I am very worried that I may lose files if they have been stored in Dropbox but not my pc, and if my dropbox is full, where are these files going?   Have I lost data?   I don't understand the file structure and I did not ask for it to change!!!!!!!!!!   If this were a business instead of a personal account, there would be money on the table, but no, it's just me.....  just my life ..... 

and were is my "Recent Files" folder?

1 Reply 1

Re: Is my Default file storage now Dropbox instead of my C drive.

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @ruralwannabe, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As it sounds like you enabled the computer backup feature, certain folders you selected would have moved into the Dropbox folder.

If your Dropbox account runs out of space, nothing will happen to the files on the local computer. However, any changes won't sync to the Dropbox site until it has enough quota to add files.

Regarding the Recent Files folder, could you clarify if this is on the Dropbox site or the local machine?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?