cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to make sure we keep you updated on the ideas that other users have shared here on the Community? Us too! Check them out over here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

Suddenly 'Cloud icon' displaying next to files

Suddenly 'Cloud icon' displaying next to files

User34
Helpful | Level 5

Hi --- I want to get rid of the 'cloud icon with down arrow' displaying alongside my files and folders names in Finder.  

This was NOT there this morning.  The only way is to click each file and open them but I cant click all files individually.  

I dont know what this is suddenly displaying as it has never happened before.  I cant make them on-line then change to off-line as the 'cloud icon' keeps returning.

Please can an expert help me to get rid of the icons?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Suddenly 'Cloud icon' displaying next to files

User34
Helpful | Level 5

This is resolved now.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

User34
Helpful | Level 5

This is resolved now.  

jo1971
Explorer | Level 3

how was this resolved? I am trying to resolve it though their support but nothing is happening and any solution the give me won't work

User34
Helpful | Level 5

I found was to open the actually documents, saved, then closed the documents.  That got rid of the icons for good.

But yesterday I thought I found the answer - I clicked the icon itself, and the icon vanished.  But actually I just checked it again now, and the icon is back !!! 

jo1971
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, this is what has happened to me also. Am trying to get it solved with Dropbox and it just isn't getting anywhere. Such a pain. Shall we keep each other informed in case one of us gets an answer?

User34
Helpful | Level 5

Yes - Yesterday I wrote to Support and again today.

I was given this link - https://help.dropbox.com/sync/macos-sync-icons?fbclid=IwAR1tAXwK-xCumQUnWXE61HPK-Kx9Pfp4LfBFSEqReWsX...

Maybe you can understand it...    

It said 'An online-only file or folder can be made available by clicking on the “Online-only” icon."  That's where I got the idea to click the icon once.  But I am confused because the icon did go away but today when I looked it's back again.  

Let's keep each other informed, will be good 🙂

jo1971
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, I did exactly the same as you and then the next day the clouds with arrows were all back again!

Indeed, let's keep in touch.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jo1971 Explorer | Level 3
    User34 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?