cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There was an issue communicating with your photo library

There was an issue communicating with your photo library

adityadineshsaxena
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have recently started facing this issue on Dropbox where my camera uploads haven't been happening for a while. I landed onto this forum and searched a few solutions

1. Reinstall the app - worked, but then the issue appeared again right after I switched to another app and came back to dropbox to monitor my uploads. I cannot do this everytime dropbox has an issue

2.  Tried to "Clear cache" - didn't resolve the issue

3.  Turned off Camera Uploads and turned it back on. Didn't fix the issue

4. Restarting - didn't fix the issue

5. Tried to change from HEIC to JPG and vice versa - that didn't resolve the issue either

My recourse - I have just sat on my phone for 30 minutes and uploaded all remaining pictures via Solution #1 and now I'm hoping I'll get the answer answer because there doesn't seem to be any permanent fixes.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

adityadineshsaxena
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I wanted to share what has been recently working for me - it's a really dumb trick. So, I have to reinstall and then login and make it work for all the older files by selecting "All images (or something like that)".

As I have mentioned before, this is the time when new images will stop being uploaded. So, then I had to reinstall the app again (and remind myself to not take a picture meanwhile). When I I have reinstalled the app, the option I need to choose is "New photos from xx July 2021". Thats when my dropbox will always pick up the new photos. It's sad but that's how it's been working for me thus far. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @adityadineshsaxena, thanks for joining our Community and happy Monday!

Since you've already done some troubleshooting, could you also try completely uninstalling the mobile app from your device and installing it anew?

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

dogopurr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue here.

*Deleting and reinstalling app is not helping.

adityadineshsaxena
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Deleting and reinstalling has not been working - it works temporarily, then I switch the app to another one and come back to Dropbox - it stops working.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

In that case, could you try removing Dropbox from the Files app's locations and adding it back again?

Let me know if that helps @dogopurr & @adityadineshsaxena!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

tibarnhill
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I’m having the same problem, and I have tried all the same things to fix it, and have had the same results. HELP!

adityadineshsaxena
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I wanted to share what has been recently working for me - it's a really dumb trick. So, I have to reinstall and then login and make it work for all the older files by selecting "All images (or something like that)".

As I have mentioned before, this is the time when new images will stop being uploaded. So, then I had to reinstall the app again (and remind myself to not take a picture meanwhile). When I I have reinstalled the app, the option I need to choose is "New photos from xx July 2021". Thats when my dropbox will always pick up the new photos. It's sad but that's how it's been working for me thus far. 

pseudolgi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

what worked for me was just agreeing with terms and conditions with apple id.

Arkadiy K.
Helpful | Level 7

I managed to solve the problem. In my case, I also had Google Photos installed which was trying to also upload photos to the cloud. Looks like Dropbox doesn't like when it's not the only backup program. I disabled cloud backup on Google Photos (since I don't need it), and automatic uploads resumed in Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Arkadiy K. Helpful | Level 7
    pseudolgi New member | Level 2
    adityadineshsaxena Helpful | Level 5
    tibarnhill New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?