cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access dl.dropboxusercontent.com in Iran

Unable to access dl.dropboxusercontent.com in Iran

sajjadintel
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

I've been using Dropbox for more than 2 years.

recently I have been received comment from our clients who we shared link to deliver photos that they cannot download or preview photos.

the error message is " there was an error downloading your file"

file is not oversized, it is less than 1GB

until now I didn't have any problem using Dropbox but now I have this problem and it is very very very urgently needed to fix.

please help as soon as possible.

I have been checking, the link is working well in Europe but it has a problem only who connect from Iran.

Since our clients are all from Iran, this download error is giving us a lot of trouble.

the people who were trying to download from those links were using Windows and Mac OS (trying with different internet browsers). All access didn't work with downloading or previewing.

5 Replies 5

Re: Unable to access dl.dropboxusercontent.com in Iran

Mark
Super User II

My guess is that this isnt anything to do with Dropbox as its across multiple ISPs but rather than the Iranian government blocking Dropbox. That means, unfortunately, there isnt anything Dropbox can do: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_Iran

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

sajjadintel
Explorer | Level 4

I don't see such page, most of the time if it's filtered will redirect to this page but this time is totally different.

Dropbox site is working fine, forum is ok, everything about Dropbox is working except this URL.

this problem started about 1-2 weeks ago.

test with curl and in browser:

1.pngdropbox2.png

while if a site is filtered (censored) it will result timeout not connection refused.

filter.png

ping:

image_2021-06-20_16-54-37.png

traceroute with vpn:

photo_2021-06-20_17-10-56.jpg

traceroute without vpn:

photo_2021-06-20_17-11-00.jpg

amin_davani
New member | Level 2

We are also experiencing the same issue, since last week.

And this made lots of issues for us and our clients.

We also think its not the filtering case, since we are able to browse all the websites, see the files. download the files with dropbox application. the only thing is not working is downloading from the web browser.

I hope dropbox team could solve this issue.

regards
Amin

sajjadintel
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, Could you please look into this issue to solve it? I've added more information about this issue but I haven't got any response.
Thanks.

amindavani
New member | Level 2

Dear Sajjad,

I had the same issue around the same time you send this post. 

After a week issue was resolved and currently we don't have any issues.

Could you please let me know the issue is solved and come back again or for your side exists till now?

regards
Amin

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

amindavani New member | Level 2
    sajjadintel Explorer | Level 4
    amin_davani New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?