cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upload from external drive to web account stuck in queue

Upload from external drive to web account stuck in queue

ar1zona1
Helpful | Level 5

I'm trying to upload a large amount of files directly from an external drive thru a web browser.  I have tried both Edge and Chrome and both are acting the same.

It just sits there stating the files are in queue...  I did manage to get one file to upload by itself.

I let this sit overnight and nothing happened.

I do not have sufficient space on my hard drive to copy into my dropbox folder and then set to "online only"Screenshot 2024-01-18 113407.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-18 082223.jpg

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting about this on the Community, @ar1zona1!

Can you clarify what’s the total size of files you’re uploading at once via the Dropbox website? 

As for your desktop app, have you set the default for new files/folders to be online-only (via your app preferences)? I’d like to make sure that, after uploading to our website, the Dropbox app won’t sync them locally, which would affect your hard drive space.

Let me know.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ar1zona1
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Nancy,

I have 8 different project folders to upload, each project ranges between 40gb and 80gb.

I tried this method for a small folder with files less than 100mb and only had it go once with a single excel file.

I'm aware of the desktop app setting, unfortunately I only have 30gb of space on my drive and windows will not even let me copy it to the dropbox folder.

Through our admin panel we do have it set to online only as the initial action.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the clarification, @ar1zona1! At the moment, the Dropbox website has an upload limit of 50GB.

If you wish to back up your external drive, without affecting your local hard drive space, may I suggest our external drive backup feature instead? Please take a look, and let me know if this is what you’d like to achieve.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

ar1zona1
Helpful | Level 5

@Nancy I also tried smaller folder, less than the 50GB limit.  It still would not upload.

I need the files in a team folder, it looks like the external drive backup feature puts them somewhere else.   Can they be moved into a team folder once uploaded with this method?

Also, I was told dropbox backup isn't available for business accounts yet, did this change?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ar1zona1, you're correct about the external drive backup feature, it is on a separate, private section of the site, and can't be added to team folders. 

Dropbox Backup is available on Dropbox Business teams, although, as mentioned above, each backup is private to each user and files can't be shared from backups.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?