cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload prompt isn't appearing when using any browser

Upload button does not work (Web).

Annie P
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Upload button does not react after clicking on it. Could you help please?

23 Replies 23

ricf
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Using Firefox, I find now that I am unable to upload files to Dropbox from my laptop - changing the browser to Edge and Chrome doesn't fix it. When I click on Upload/Files, the file browser just doesn't appear. Any clues, anyone?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @ricf, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do you have any proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router settings that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ricf
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thanks, Jay. Not sure about a lot of that, but I use ESET virus protection - I’ve had this laptop for a couple of months, and uploading was fine until yesterday. And I note that if copy the link where the little chain icon is into another tab of Firefox, the uploading function of Dropbox works fine. As it still does on my old laptop which is the same as the new one in terms of virus protection. It’s all very strange!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @ricf - sorry to jump in here, but could you try disabling your antivirus temporarily and/or clearing your browser's cache or try another browser with no extensions or plugins running and let us know how it goes?

If the issue persists, you can also reboot your computer and internet router.

In any case, please keep us posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

jawhitfi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I work in IT and I've noticed this problem come up since yesterday as well, on multiple computers and accounts. I've confirmed this is an issue on my machine as well.

The problem specifically is with pressing the "Upload" button while in a folder. Pressing upload on the root level of the web interface works just fine. Pressing the button does not prompt you with the default windows file explorer window.

I've tried this in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. Cleared Cache and Cookies. Had no interfering extensions running. Temporarily disabled antivirus. No restrictive firewall. Had been working earlier this week.

Seems to be an issue on the server side.

ricf
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks, Jawhitfi - good to know that I'm not the only one. So, a Dropbox bug? The problem now is, if I'm not in the folder where I want to upload to when I click on Upload, the files I want to upload don't go to the right place. My work-around at the moment is to the copy the link that is located next to the Share button into my address bar, and it works fine.

jh24
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My IT person helped me with the issue i was having, and it will work his way.

tict0c
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

tict0c_0-1711825431570.png

I have noticed that that if you hit this button and then go to the folder you want the glitch doesnt happen.

ricf
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you - yes, this works!

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Everybody,

Thanks so much for reporting this. I've reported it to our engineering team, who is working on a fix. We will let you know when we have more information to share.

Thanks,

Ben

Need more support?