cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easy photo sharing (specific photos only) from field techs

easy photo sharing (specific photos only) from field techs

ambern1023
Explorer | Level 3

I need to find an easy way for our field techs, project manager and my boss to easily upload job site photos, and vehicle photos etc to our dropbox business account.

Our field techs will find any excuse / pretend to not understand what to do so it needs to be minimal steps to get from taking the photo on job sites etc  to it going on Dropbox and IDEALLY having a name or some sort of description with it and even better if it gets somewhere to the right folder. 

How can I do this? Can they email in photos from their cell phone? text them in? file request? any apps with automations that auto export to make it simple? 

is there a way to set up photo backup on someone's device only for a specific folder in photos? such as My boss and I have a shared album can I make it so only that album backs up to Dropbox and not any other photos/albums, so my personal photos do not get put on our business account?

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ambern1023 , thanks for messaging the Community!

There are two features that could be used for you. The first if the File Request feature, which allows anyone to upload files to your Dropbox account.

The second is the 'Email to Dropbox' feature, which creates an email to be able to send files to your account. Bear in mind that the attachment must not be in the body of the email (so this might not work with iPhones and iPads).

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?