cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All folders and files gone after getting removed from Business team

All folders and files gone after getting removed from Business team

humayunmiir
Explorer | Level 3

My previous subscription was cancelled somehow and all my files don't show anymore and Dropbox got logged out from all accounts. But if I click a link to any of the files, they still work. This happened after I was removed as a member from another Dropbox team.

Can I please know what's up with my account? If I buy back the subscription will it bring back all the folders how they were originally organised?

7 Replies 7

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @humayunmiir - sorry to hear about this.

It sounds like you were invited to join a Dropbox for Business teams account and upon that process you chose to join the team with your existing account.

At that point, you should have received a refund for the remaining of your previous, individual subscription.

Did the team's admin remove you from the team completely or did they choose to convert your account back to an individual one when they removed you from the team?

Also, do you see any signs of your missing files or any activity whatsoever in your events page?

Let us know more and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

humayunmiir
Explorer | Level 3

Yes. This is exactly what happened I believe. I checked my emails and I did receive a refund as well. I think the team admin removed me completely. My events page is completely blank just like the rest of my account. The only activity is "you added the app "Dropbox"

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I see, thanks for confirming this for me @humayunmiir 

Have you tried getting in contact with your team's admin to see if they have your previous files by any chance? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

humayunmiir
Explorer | Level 3
I can't. The have blocked me from all platforms. I can't communicate with them. Is there a way to restore my account?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to jump in, @humayunmiir. I can’t guarantee there’s much that can be done in this case. 

However, it may be worth opening a ticket with our support team directly. Please follow these exact steps to do this, and send me your ticket number here afterwards.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

humayunmiir
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks Nancy. I am unable to submit a support ticket. The only two options I have are either chat with the automated bot or submit a request here in the community. Submitting a ticket is only an option for paid members, and I don't see a reason to get my subscription back unless I am assured all of my files and folders will be returned.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Have you made sure you’re not logged into ANY Dropbox account? If you are, then you’ll see the options you’re mentioning indeed. 

You can open an incognito window on your browser and follow the steps from there.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    humayunmiir Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?