cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my files disappeared when I upgraded macOS

All my files disappeared when I upgraded macOS

Gareth_Rees
New member | Level 2

Help! All my files vanished from my desktop computer when I upgraded MacOS. Dropbox insisted on a reinstallation too, and the files vanished. I cam still (thank goodness) see them from my iPad, but I have no idea how to restore them to my desktop. Anyone have any ideas?

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to hear about this, @Gareth_Rees

Are you able to see all of your files, if you go on https://www.dropbox.com/home

What do you see if you go to your Events page?

Let me know and we can have a look.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Gareth_Rees
New member | Level 2

No, I was not able to see any of my files at dropbox/home, nor anything in Events. I restored an old version of my dropbox folder from a time machine backup and that got me back to where I was a few months ago, though I have still lost access to a shared folder. If you have a suggestion about how I can restore that access I'd be glad to know it!

Rich
Super User II

@Gareth_Rees wrote:

I cam still (thank goodness) see them from my iPad ...

I was not able to see any of my files at dropbox/home, nor anything in Events.

While signed in to your account on Dropbox.com and not seeing anything on the Events page (just to confirm again), go to your account settings and check the email address that's associated with the account. Next, go into Settings within the Dropbox app on your iPad and check the email address. Are they the same?

Gareth_Rees
New member | Level 2

Ah, thank you! They are not the same (clever guess!) I will make them so and see what files I can see then.

Rich
Super User II

@Gareth_Rees wrote:

They are not the same (clever guess!) I will make them so and see what files I can see then.

It means you're signed in with two different accounts. Sign out of Dropbox on your computer and then sign back in with the same email address that was displayed on your iPad.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Gareth_Rees New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?