cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Android App: Cannot Connect To Dropbox. Make sure you're online, or try again later.

Android App: Cannot Connect To Dropbox. Make sure you're online, or try again later.

TanjaArtist
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to resolve this? When I try to open the "File" tab on my android phone it says: "Cannot Connect To Dropbox. Make sure you're online, or try again later." yet when I click on home, it shows all my latest files. I just can't get to my folders and it is driving me bonkers! I cannot upload to them either. Same problem on my tablet. I use Dropbox for work and this is causing serious problems.

I tried logging out and back in, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, checked for updates. I have full internet. What else can I do? If this doesn't get resolved quickly I'll have to switch to the dreadded OneDrive 😕

Hope someone can help!

Thank you

Tanja

ScreenshotScreenshot

21 Replies 21

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me here @Vicki Venza and for joining us @Liette!

We've had some reports of issues connecting through the Dropbox mobile app on Android. If you're not having any issues with your other applications, please try installing the beta version of the mobile app.

You can find out more info about downloading the beta app from here.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there peeps, hope you're both well today!

Can you check out this thread here, and if you're getting this error when connected to WiFi or cellular data then please try the beta app as mentioned there.

Keep me posted with your results!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Dragon User
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all; thanks for your reports!

I had another user having a similar issue and they resolved it by installing our beta version of the mobile app on their Android device. 

Could you check if this does the trick for you too?

Thanks a bunch!

Mod note: updated link in post [last update 2023]

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Spyxx
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yep, now it works for me.

TanjaArtist
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you very much Walter, you have saved the day! I am so pleased to have full function of the app again. I didn't realize how much I depend on it before this happened. Thank you again 🙂

Stevepar1960
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Getting an error on my Pixel 3A that says Cant connect to Dropbox, make sure you’re online, or try again later

T3chcrazy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Have you tried completely uninstalling the app. Shutting down the phone and then powering the phone back on to reinstall the application?

Dodgertown1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I had been frustrated for 2 weeks with the same message. I always had access to my files on the app but then got the message that I am not connected. I had to put the Dropbox website on my phone to see my files but it was slower. Yesterday I went ahead and upgraded to Plus hoping that would solve it. I kinda needed Plus anyway but was cheaply getting by with free version for 3 years. Customer support and solutions with Free is limited. Bottom line: I found the exact issue in Community and loaded the Beta version and ALL of my files are back like they were before. I am so happy. Thank you for sharing the link.

Stevepar1960
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Yes, it made zero difference
Need more support?