cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Dropbox, please make it easier to rename files.

Dear Dropbox, please make it easier to rename files.

milawebbap
New member | Level 2

Dear Dropbox,

I know this is a fairly minute ask - but please, please, please make it easier to rename files. A large portion of my work involves updating the naming conventions of Dropbox files, and having to select the file, select the three-dot menu, and scroll to the Rename option each time is wildly inefficient. A pencil icon next to the name of each file would be a game-changer, and would remove the temptation to move back to Box...

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @milawebbap - thanks for dropping by our Community to share your thoughts on this with us.

Your feedback about renaming files through the website has been noted in our system and you can let us know if you have anything else to add.

Just out of curiosity, would setting a naming convention help at all in this case?

We'd like to know more about your use-case, so please feel free to reply with any additional specifics you think might help. 

Thanks again! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?