cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Dropbox has deleted my photos and I only found out because of file requests

Dropbox has deleted my photos and I only found out because of file requests

robin1023
New member | Level 2

My dropbox had a folder called Photos.

In it, several folders including a few with file requests I'd sent so friends could upload photos from trips we took together.

Just now I got an email from dropbox stating that the file requests had been closed because the folders had been removed! I haven't signed into my dropbox in a few weeks at least, so that didn't sound right.

After signing in, those folders are gone! Dropbox was my backup for some of the photos in there. What's up with this? Dropbox deleting my photos without even notifying me in advance is not okay!

I did not delete this folder. The root folder was not shared, so nobody else could have deleted it. I've checked the trash, it's not there.

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox has deleted my photos and I only found out because of file requests

Megan
Dropboxer

Hey there, @robin1023, sorry to hear about that! 

Would you be able to also check your events page? The Events page at www.dropbox.com/events gives you an overview of all activity in your account including files events (adds/edits/deletes), as well as adding or removing shared folders. 

Let me know what you find there. Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?