cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when deleting folders

Error message when deleting folders

Danette5
Helpful | Level 5

I have used Dropbox for years and have never had this problem. I'm cleaning up my files and when I try to delete a folder I get this message:

There are too many files in one request. Please retry with fewer files.

What has changed? How do I go about deleting my folders?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for your feedback here and for notifying us of this issue. The inability to bulk delete may have been a lingering effect of the earlier outage. It should be resolved at this time. Please let us know if that's not the case.

Thanks,

Ben

View solution in original post

69 Replies 69

Ver2ual
New member | Level 2

The Dropbox status page says everything on the site is working fine, yet my team, in different locations, in different countries- have very slow video loading and functionality on the site this morning to be ridiculously slow- so slow that it rendered our collaborative editing meetings this morning utterly useless. I seriously question the veracity of Dropbox's "Status" page.

ivorysoap
New member | Level 2

ours as well. nobody can play videos including shared links from previously uploaded videos...

ivorysoap
New member | Level 2

Our organization is having trouble playing back videos. Professional accounts and personal accounts all seem to be the same. Multiple locations as well. 

Justin Avery Music
New member | Level 2

I'm trying to access while I'm on the GO today, but nothing is loading / nothing is working on multiple devices, trying to open different files..... nothing....WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!?!?!?  I'm frustrated.  My JOB requires access to files when I need them.  NOT HAPPY TODAY.  

cdimaso
New member | Level 2

We are seeing the same thing across dropbox and replay for our ogranization as well.

Rich
Super User II

@Justin Avery Music wrote:

I'm trying to access while I'm on the GO today, but nothing is loading / nothing is working on multiple devices, trying to open different files.....

There are no known issues at the moment, and the status page is clear. Are you getting any errors?

Mark
Super User II

Working fine here.... amd I'm sharing etc. quite happily.

You getting any errors etc.?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II

@Danette5 wrote:

There are too many files in one request. Please retry with fewer files. What has changed? How do I go about deleting my folders?

Nothing has changed. The folder likely has a very large number of files in it, which the website would have a problem processing all at once. Instead, open the folder, select a bunch of files and delete them. Repeat as necessary until the folder is empty or has fewer files, then delete the folder.

Jonathan Wade
Explorer | Level 4

I am also having issues. As a Dropbox Admin in our company, I have tried to share a folder with a user. When sharing the folder on Dropbox, after a long loading period, it says "Couldn't share". I have tried all morning with no success. 

Additionally, I am getting severe buffering when watching a video on Dropbox, but I can download it and watch it fine. Something is going on with their servers.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    ricodude Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?