cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files gone

Files gone

Pardo1
New member | Level 2

Woke up this morning and all of my Drop Box Files and Folders are gone. Can you help me get them back?

54 Replies 54

Pardo1
New member | Level 2

Files are all gone it says I deleted them middle of last night but I did not

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Welcome to the forum, @Pardo1!

Did you visit your Deleted files and Events page, and you were unable to restore your files?

On the Events page, you should be able to see more details on what happened exactly, as well. 

Let me know how this goes.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

sally7
Explorer | Level 3

Lost 13 yrs. of photos when I upgraded my phone. How do I recover?  I have never had an issue transferring phones with Dropbox.  I can't seem to find a phone number for a customer service rep.  Can anyone let me know if this has happened to them and how the issue was resolved.   

thank you 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

I’m sorry to hear this happened, @sally7

What do you mean when saying you lost your Dropbox files when you updated your phone? Can you please clarify that for me? 

Also, I’d like you to check the following pages and let me know if you can see anything relevant to these files:

1. https://www.dropbox.com/home
  2. https://www.dropbox.com/events
  3. https://www.dropbox.com/deleted_files

If that doesn’t work, please check for other Dropbox accounts that could be linked to a different email address.

Keep me posted for any updates!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

sally7
Explorer | Level 3
My phone was broken, I went to apple to get a new phone. Everything was backed up or so I thought.
This morning when I woke up to check If all my photos came back, there wasn’t anything there. It’s like a brand new Dropbox. Checked deleted and moved files. I can’t seem to find any of them.

Mark
Super User II

@sally7 wrote:
My phone was broken, I went to apple to get a new phone. Everything was backed up or so I thought.
This morning when I woke up to check If all my photos came back, there wasn’t anything there. It’s like a brand new Dropbox. Checked deleted and moved files. I can’t seem to find any of them.

Sounds like you logged in to a different account.

When logged in check www.dropbox.com/events to see what it says. Also look at www.dropbox.com/account/devices to see if the old iPhone is listed. If it isn't its a new account. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Gstevens50
Explorer | Level 3

I can’t access my .xlsx files in my Dropbox. Message says files cannot be found. Those files have been there for over 5 years. How do I contact Dropbox for assistance?

Mark
Super User II

Have you tried looking directly at www.dropbox.com/home ? 

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing?

And all your support options are listed at www.dropbox.com/support

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Gstevens50
Explorer | Level 3

Events show that I deleted these files on 8/17/2023, but I did not. How did I restore these files?

Gordon

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    LynleyOram New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?