cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Issue with tagging files, tags are duplicated when moving to next file

Issue with tagging files, tags are duplicated when moving to next file

samperinleni
Explorer | Level 4

I'm having an issue when tagging files in Dropbox. When I double click a file and add tags to it on the left side (under "Info"), and then click on the arrow on the upper right corner to move on to the next file, it says the file has the exact same tags I just added to the previous file, even though it shouldn't have any tags added. Even when I move on to the next file after that, it also has the same tags. Only when I go back to my files and manually double click on a file, it shows the correct tags, which in this case is no tags. This means I would have to double click a file, add tags, go back to files, double click the next file, add tags, go back to files again, double click the next file, and so on. I could also go to files, click on "File info", which brings up the tagging menu on the right, and do my tagging like that, but I would much rather see my files in full size when I tag them.

Is this a bug that is getting fixed or is my Dropbox just having issues? I didn't have any problems with this just a couple days ago.

14 Replies 14

samperinleni
Explorer | Level 4

I'm also experiencing the issue with tags not showing under File Info in the sidebar when I go back to files. Really hoping to find a resolution for these!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that our team’s aware of this and investigating. As soon as there are more updates, we’ll share them here.

Thanks!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

simonDBX
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi @samperinleni - I'm a Product Manager on the Dropbox team. Thank you for flagging this and I'm sorry you've had to deal with this bug. We're currently working on a fix. I'll report back when it's resolved. 

simonDBX
Dropbox Product Manager

Hey @samperinleni - we believe we've fixed the bug and this should now be resolved. Let us know if you run into issues again! 

samperinleni
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you very much, everything works fine now!

Need more support?