cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Great and all as it is to hear how we use Dropbox, we want to know how you use it! Day to day, big projects, sharing files with friends and family - we want to know about it.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My PC (PC Name) shows up as PC (3)

My PC (PC Name) shows up as PC (3)

simmsg
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

I just started backing up a new computer. The previous two show up in Dropbox as My PC (PC Name) but this third one shows up as PC (3).

The PC name is set just fine afaict.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@simmsg wrote:

I just started backing up a new computer. The previous two show up in Dropbox as My PC (PC Name) but this third one shows up as PC (3).

That is how the folders are now named. The first one will be named PC. Subsequent folders will be named PC (2), PC (3), etc. It was a change that was implemented to simplify the computer backup folders.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@simmsg wrote:

That is how the folders are now named. The first one will be named PC. Subsequent folders will be named PC (2), PC (3), etc. It was a change that was implemented to simplify the computer backup folders.

simmsg
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks for responding. What a shame. The previous naming convention was at least understandable. And as others have pointed out, who is going to remember which is PC 1 vs PC 2 vs PC 3?

milesdudley
New member | Level 2

I have the same issue. I have removed all PC's and deleted all files reattached my "new" desktop and it still  names it PC2.

I DONT WANT THIS!!!   i WANT TO SEE MY PC NAME!

Is there no way to fix this???

Need more support?