cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Our new Dropbox updates make your online life easier. See how you can store online-only files, edit photos in Dropbox and annotate PDFs with these updates.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping a drop-and-drag upload on browser dropbox

Stopping a drop-and-drag upload on browser dropbox

Garett H.
New member | Level 1

Dear Dropbox & community,

I accidentally dragged the wrong folder into the upload folder on the web browser version of dropbox. It is now uploading some few thousand files and estimating many hours to complete itself. I do not see a way on the website to mass cancel or undo the upload. As there are so many tiny files, it would take an equal amount of time to try to go through and cancel each file individually. Is there a way to mass cancel files uploading on the browser, or do I need to wait a few hours for it to all be uploaded before I can delete the file mass?

Thanks,
G.

10 Replies 10

Re: Stopping a drop-and-drag upload on browser dropbox

Garett H.
New member | Level 1

(Figured out that if you sign-out from the browser, it will cancel all pending uploads)

Genevieve C.
New member | Level 1

Thank you for following up on this... what a disaster canceling 950 files one by one would have been.  O_o

Brandon H.4
New member | Level 1

Yes, OMG thank you!

eLearning A.
New member | Level 1

I'm not accessing dropbox in a browser but it's installed on my macbook air. Any hints on how to cancel the file transfer in that situation?? Would love help - it's days of uploads apparently.

Alfonso R.1
New member | Level 1

if you¿'re using the app / desktop software it's the same, unlink your account

Wilmark J.
New member | Level 1

This is why I WILL NEVER PAY FOR DROP BOX. Its interfaces are unintuitive, inconsistent between mobile and desktop versions.

Sandra K.8
New member | Level 1

I just had a similar problem. I pressed x on the tab to closet the browser page. A pop up came up saying  something like "if you close this page it will cancel your uploads". OK. that's what I wanted.

Rich
Super User II

And if you're uploading files through the Dropbox client on a computer, you initiated it by putting the files in the Dropbox folder. To cancel it, just move the files back out.

joakimljungren
New member | Level 2

Why is there simply no "cancel upload" button? Disastrous...

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Sandra K.8 New member | Level 1
    Wilmark J. New member | Level 1
    Alfonso R.1 New member | Level 1
    eLearning A. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?