cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unsaved changes to Dropbox - Google Docs, Sheets, Slides Error

Unsaved changes to Dropbox - Google Docs, Sheets, Slides Error

Luc-FJ
Helpful | Level 7

Hi there,

Like a few other people, I've also encountered a frequent problem inside of Google Docs, Sheets and Slides. At some point, ik looks like Google can't connect to Dropbox anymore to correctly save document changes. This especially is annoying if you want to duplicate a file, it will duplicate an older version, which can be tricky to check. Is this something that you can work on / figure out when this problem occurs / how to fix it? I think that it is related to the size of the document/sheet/slide, but not sure. My team and I really want te rely on this service, hope you can make it more stable!

Other topics related to the same problem.

Greetings!

Schermafbeelding 2022-04-13 om 11.52.58.png

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Luc-FJ, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Are you editing files from the same location, or various locations or devices?

Does it occur on any document you're editing, or just in certain file locations?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

buffywan
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, just adding on to this post. I understand this is a known issue and doesn't seem like there is a solution as it is quite intermittent. Now whenever my team collaborates on a G Slide, I just hope that unsaved changes message doesn't show up. I initially thought it is fine since the only downside is we can't duplicate the file.

But I just learned something today. Over time, G slide will purge the other versions, loading only the last saved copy. So for example, my team worked on a rather large deck of slides in March this year for a presentation. Just opened that same deck today and it is the incomplete version. Fortunately I download ed PDF versions of the deck as a form of backup at certain intervals during the time we were working on it.

Hope this bug can be resolved someday!

Luc-FJ
Helpful | Level 7

Hi @buffywan ! 

Noticed the same in older documents of our team, also something that needs to be more clear that a slide deck can break like this if it is intended behaviour.

mono_o
New member | Level 2

My solution is to download the file as a Microsoft document (Docs, Sheets, Slides). Delete the original file in Dropbox and upload the local version. The error goes away as this is a brand new file as far as Dropbox is concerned.

Need more support?