cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help me full definition of User-Agent in DropboxClientConfig

Can you help me full definition of User-Agent in DropboxClientConfig

Luan09
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi everyone, Please help me full definition of User-Agent in DropboxClientConfig, I use SDK for .NET, in my code:

var config = new DropboxClientConfig([userAgent]"AppTest")
{
HttpClient = httpClient
};

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Luan09 wrote:

Hi everyone, Please help me full definition of User-Agent in DropboxClientConfig, ...

Hi @Luan09,

It's hard to be set exact definition. In HTTP is a optional header that lets the client describe itself to the server. By default all Dropbox SDKs put there information describing themself. You can add additional information (describing your application specifically, if you want) to this header, passing it through as parameter. Directives to format such an info can be seen here.

Hope this clarifies matter.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Luan09 wrote:

Hi everyone, Please help me full definition of User-Agent in DropboxClientConfig, ...

Hi @Luan09,

It's hard to be set exact definition. In HTTP is a optional header that lets the client describe itself to the server. By default all Dropbox SDKs put there information describing themself. You can add additional information (describing your application specifically, if you want) to this header, passing it through as parameter. Directives to format such an info can be seen here.

Hope this clarifies matter.

Luan09
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for your support. So that means declare User-Agent content won't affect the data sent or received when using dropbox's SDK right ?

tanukrishna
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

A user agent is any software that retrieves and presents Web content for end users or is implemented using Web technologies. User agents include Web browsers, media players, and plug-ins that help in retrieving, rendering and interacting with Web content.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Luan09 wrote:

... User-Agent content won't affect the data sent or received when using dropbox's SDK right ?

Exactly... Its purpose is informative only. Some servers may be interested how are you trying access them (so they be able provide adapted content for instance). Dropbox servers targeting API access may log this information for debug purposes, but they ignore it in regards to the behavior.

Luan09
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for your reply. Have a nice day !

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Luan09 Explorer | Level 4
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    tanukrishna New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?