cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Whatā€™s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Refresh Token Url

Refresh Token Url

Bk13
Explorer | Level 4

Hi All,

I am using Dropbox HTTP integration and for the refresh token, we are using "https://www.dropbox.com/oauth2/token" EP.
suddenly I got an error for one of our users.
"Error (400)

Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropbox team has been notified. Check out our Status Page to see if there is a known incident, our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home."
with no extra information.
looking at the documentation I saw that "https://api.dropbox.com/oauth2/token" is a new EP.
should I update the EP?
Can it be that the old URL is working for some of our users but not all?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@jaksonjohn The /oauth2/token endpoint is an OAuth endpoint, not a web page, and so should be accessed on api.dropboxapi.com, not www.dropbox.com.

While it's possible that it happened to work on that domain previously, it was never officially meant for that and was not documented as such, and so would not be officially supported on that www domain.

For reference, the official documentation does show (and has shown as far back as I'm aware) that it should be accessed on api.dropboxapi.com.

As such, apps should access that endpoint on api.dropboxapi.com, not www.dropbox.com. Any apps that were using that on www.dropbox.com, even if it happened to work for them previously, should update their code to use the correct api.dropboxapi.com instead.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi @Bk13,

To be honest I have never used the endpoint you used to use, so I have no any idea what's this. Even if that EP ever worked, you have to use the actual EP - /oauth2/token - not something else.

Good luck.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Bk13 Š—Š“рŠ°Š²ŠŗŠ¾ is correct; the correct endpoint is and has been "https://api.dropboxapi.com/oauth2/token" per the documentation. Apps should not access that endpoint on www.dropbox.com.

jaksonjohn
New member | Level 2

i think no. the url is to be changed. i have experience in it.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@jaksonjohn The /oauth2/token endpoint is an OAuth endpoint, not a web page, and so should be accessed on api.dropboxapi.com, not www.dropbox.com.

While it's possible that it happened to work on that domain previously, it was never officially meant for that and was not documented as such, and so would not be officially supported on that www domain.

For reference, the official documentation does show (and has shown as far back as I'm aware) that it should be accessed on api.dropboxapi.com.

As such, apps should access that endpoint on api.dropboxapi.com, not www.dropbox.com. Any apps that were using that on www.dropbox.com, even if it happened to work for them previously, should update their code to use the correct api.dropboxapi.com instead.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    jaksonjohn New member | Level 2
    Š—Š“рŠ°Š²ŠŗŠ¾ Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?