cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Suddenly getting "v1_retired" error

Re: Suddenly getting "v1_retired" error

Sam80
Helpful | Level 5

It looks like this may be occurring again now when making requests with `grant_type=refresh_token`.

20 Replies 20

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for letting us know. I'll bring this up with the team. Can you also let me know if you're seeing this on all such calls, or only a portion? If it's not all calls, can you let me know roughly what percent of these calls fail like this for you?

Sam80
Helpful | Level 5

Only a portion of them. They have been reported by other users of our app, from the number of reports I would estimate about 10% of calls.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks! I'll let you know once I have any news on this.

Andreas W.4
New member | Level 2

Hi, 

I observe the same issue for about 24 hours when I refresh the access token. 

Is there any news on this issue?

Thanks for the feedback!

Andreas

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Andreas W.4 Thanks for the note. I don't have an update on this yet. I'll reply here once I do.

landdogger
Helpful | Level 5

Can confirm that I’m also getting this error intermittently. I’m using the Python SDK.

Truncated stack trace is below. The issues seems to be around refreshing access tokens.

self.refresh_access_token(scope=self._scope)
File "/home/pi/.local/share/virtualenvs/photo-gallery-jYGSq-8r/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dropbox/dropbox_client.py", line 403, in refresh_access_token
self.raise_dropbox_error_for_resp(res)
File "/home/pi/.local/share/virtualenvs/photo-gallery-jYGSq-8r/lib/python3.9/site-packages/dropbox/dropbox_client.py", line 627, in
raise_dropbox_error_for_resp
raise BadInputError(request_id, res.text)

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@landdogger Thanks for the information!

SirCrumpet
New member | Level 2

We're also seeing this {"error": "v1_retired"} response quite regularly.

From a few quick twitter/github issue searches it seems to be affecting quite a few users - would be great to get an update on resolution (and/or indication on https://status.dropbox.com 🙂) if possible.

Thanks!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@SirCrumpet Thanks for the note. I don't have an update on this yet, but I'll follow up here once I do.

Need more support?