cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 141.3.3144

Beta Build 141.3.3144

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

20 Replies 20

MattToner
Explorer | Level 4

sorry that reply was for @Baratunde regarding 'Smart Sync issue' message on M1.

visgean
Explorer | Level 3

I enrolled in beta and now I got this dialog every single time I want to delete a file. There needs to be a switch or something to turn this off. I have never used online-only files and I dont plan to so do I really have to be reminded of that every single time?

visgean_0-1643209571266.png

Tim T.13
Collaborator | Level 9

After moving to this beta build on my Intel Mac (waiting to update on my Apple silicon M1), the ~/Dropbox folder is now gone. Good to see that Dropbox appears to be using more of Apple's file provider work, and Dropbox does show up in the Finder sidebar. It appears the actual files are now in ~/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox.

However, I really do need to have a ~/Dropbox folder. I use Dropbox very often with scripts that expect this folder. I can create an alias or similar, but would much prefer Dropbox (that basically got its name for creating this folder) to manage this for me.

Is this a known issue? Really would be nice to get something like release notes for something like this.

Unrelated, but also noticed the desktop app appears to be completely missing in this update.

pollycat
Helpful | Level 6

Got a message via the Dropbox app that this beta was available for my Mac and I should upgrade to it in order to "continue working" on my version of MacOS (12.1).

So, upgraded and then ... disaster!

Syncing never ends, with no indication of its progress, just "Syncing ..."

I've left it syncing for over 24 hours now and no end in sight.

While it's syncing, folders and files under Dropbox control cannot be opened, I get "resolving..." messages when trying to open folders and nothing happens if I get into a folder and try to open a file.

Meanwhile, I'm noticing that the sync is duplicating EVERYTHING I have on Dropbox, creating two copies of everything.

I cannot work now on any Dropbox files and need to completely wipe out my machine and restore it from a pre-beta backup.

My fault for agreeing to try this beta - my post is to serve as a warning to others that things could go badly wrong.

R_G_S
Helpful | Level 5

Exactly the same problem here. It never seems to stop syncing. After syncing 250K+ files it sticks on syncing the last 126 files for hours and hours. Same goes form me, never had to install this beta.

R_G_S
Helpful | Level 5

I'm so fed up with Dropbox after fiddling for hours. Cannot reinstall stable version on the Mac because after running the stable version for a few seconds it's shuts down and reinstalls and runs the beta-version again. How dow I get back?

[edit: I should have first unchecked ‘early releases’ in my profile that solved the forced beta use. But going back to stable version is not without problems]

m1ch43l
Explorer | Level 4

Same here, stuck since > 1 day at 'syncing 9.455 files'. Not happy about my dropbox folder location having been moved without asking.. 

New created files are not being uploaded, is there any way to make syncing work again without starting all over from scratch?

R_G_S
Helpful | Level 5

Such a frustrating experience and support also not very helpful at all. I would advise people to stay far away from these beta’s of Dropbox. I learned my lessons after a day of managing file/folder problems and ending up with a clean install.

Thanks Dropbox for this fantastic beta ‘experience’.

m1ch43l
Explorer | Level 4

What I don't get - even after installing the stable again(140.4.1951) I cannot chose my local folder location anymore, it's "stuck" in /Users/username/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox. Any idea?

Update: removing the device online in my dropbox account and downloading the offline installer for latest stable (and re-sign in) did the trick.  Now syncing from scratch but at least back in the old folder location.

R_G_S
Helpful | Level 5

From scratch was no option for me with almost 700GB. I tried to move folder back from /users/myname/library/cloudstorage/dropbox to uers/myname/dropbox. And then **bleep** hit the fan. On my way with the clean install of my machine. I hope it works out fine for you. I had no confidence anymore in continuing with the stable version.

Need more support?