cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 147.3.4765

Beta Build 147.3.4765

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

37 Replies 37

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

I am puzzled that for the last month or two some people have been reporting the anticipated relocation of the Dropbox folder to ~/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox, but it has not happened for many of us, with the same beta builds and macOS version. Dropbox must have a way of rolling out the version that changes the location by account, or some other method.

This change is forced on OneDrive and Dropbox by the deprecation of the third party kernel extensions, announced a long time ago and finally implemented in macOS 12.3. (Apple-confirms-macos-12-3-deprecates-kernel-extensions-used-by-dropbox-and-onedrive )

I have OneDrive as well and that is well established in ~/Library/CloudStorage/Onedrive. 

Until this change happens for me, I can't make files be offline in Dropbox (but can with OneDrive).

Anyone have any further insights, or know how to make the change happen?

Ian Z.3
Helpful | Level 6

I share your frustration. 

It is my understanding that it is rolling out to Dropbox Basic, Plus and Family but nothing, so far, on the Business side. 

More than anything my hope is that Dropbox would be a bit clearer or provide an estimated timeline for the switch on MacOS 12.3+. 

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

Thanks!

In reality the current situation is not too much of a problem for me, but I have two key apps (DEVONthink and Moneydance) that point to Dropbox data and the impact that the location change will have is unclear, so I would like to get it all resolved. 

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9

Honestly I don't think you want the new location right now. Its a mess including offline files not working properly, at least on my machine. I can ask for it to make it offline only but still have the zero byte stub file and an icon that notes that its cloud-only.

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9

I spoke too soon. I just got another update which seems to have fixed that problem  v148.2.1265

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9

OK sort of fixed. Posting here because this list is behind at least several beta releases now. v148.2.1667 the offline feature works but you can't apparently just select a folder and have it bring down all of the subfolders. Some work. Some dont. Good times.

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

Where are you getting 148.2.1667 from? 

I thought I was notified of all new betas which either get installed automatically or I download and install.

Latest I have is this one, 147.3.4765.

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9

No clue. On M1-based Mac with early releases turned on. Keeps updating on its own. you can however change the link up top and put in a different build number. So https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=148.2.1667&plat=mac&type=full&arch=arm64 will grab what i've got for Apple Silicon

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

Thanks @jekratz . I just used your link and got 148.2.1667, but puzzled I was behind and there is no Community section for it. I am on Early Releases on an M1 MBA.  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Michael B.10 Experienced | Level 13
    jekratz Collaborator | Level 9
What do Dropbox user levels mean?