cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 151.3.4214

Beta Build 151.3.4214

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

7 Replies 7

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

I am on early releases, but both my Macs have updated themselves to 152.2.2537.....a later build than this one.

I have asked this before on beta build announcements but had no replies.

Rich
Super User II

@Michael B.10 wrote:

I am on early releases, but both my Macs have updated themselves to 152.2.2537.....a later build than this one. I have asked this before on beta build announcements but had no replies.

What, exactly are you asking?

If you're on early releases, that's not limited to just beta releases. There are multiple update channels (alpha, beta, stable, etc.) as well as special versions pushed to small groups for testing a specific issue. Beta versions all have a 3 as the second portion of the version number while stable builds are always a 4. The 2 in your version number indicates either an alpha or some other development channel. Most likely, your computer(s) fits the criteria for a specific issue or feature they're working on and included you in that build.

Michael B.10
Experienced | Level 13

Thanks you very much @Rich 

That is exactly the kind of explanation I was seeking, but has not been said in any of the threads where the disparity between latest beta build and what is installed on our computers has been noted and discussed. 

It makes sense that there could be different early release streams for different machines and account types, but why are there no announcements for the other versions?

Rich
Super User II

@Michael B.10 wrote:

It makes sense that there could be different early release streams for different machines and account types, but why are there no announcements for the other versions?

Best guess, versions such as that one are distributed in very small batches and a broader announcement to the entire community isn't needed until such time as the changes in that build are rolled into the beta or stable builds with a wider audience.

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9

Very useful info. I've been wondering about this myself...before I removed Dropbox 😉

Andrew C.39
Explorer | Level 3

Does Dropbox not do release notes?

How will I know when you finally fix Smart Sync on macOS?

Rich
Super User II

@Andrew C.39 wrote:

Does Dropbox not do release notes?

Rarely, if ever.

35281603.jpg

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Andrew C.39 Explorer | Level 3
    jekratz Collaborator | Level 9